Gothia Cup Soccer Tournament
What is GOTHIA CUP?
Gothia Cup is the largest and most international youth soccer tournament in the world. Each year, around 1,700 teams from 80 nations participate and play 4,500 games. You will be able to live unique experiences with your team. Ages from 11 to 19 years old
Dates of the program: from July 14 to 20, 2019
Location: Heden Center, Gothenburg (Sweden)
- The Gothia Cup is open to all clubs affiliated with a national FIFA federation or a school federation.
- The tournament begins with a preliminary phase. The teams are divided into groups of four or five, playing all against all. The first two of each group are classified for the “Playoff A”, the others are classified for the “Playoff B”.
- Duration of matches: 1st round and Play off B: 2 × 25 min Play off A: 2 × 30.
- Category (2018) Example: B18 Boys born on 01.01.00 and later. In the categories of 11 vs. 11 exemptions is allowed for a maximum of 2 players who are at most one year older than their category.
- There is no limit of players per team. Maximum 7 substitution per game.
The tournament takes place at the Heden Center, located in the heart of downtown Gothenburg, and is located halfway between the Ullevi stadium and the main avenue of the city. It has 6 fields of artificial turf, 4 for football 11 and 2 for football 7.
Location: Gothenburg (Sweden)
Gothenburg is the second largest city in Sweden. It is located at the mouth of the Göta river and its port is the largest among the Nordic countries. It is also a university city.
The average temperature in July is 22º (min.18º max 27º)
What does the trip include?
Round trip to Gothenburg
Transfer of the airport-accommodation
Gothia card for transfers
Accommodation will be made in hotels located in the center or a short distance from Gothenburg
6 nights accommodation with meals included
The accommodation will be in triple or quadruple rooms.
Registration of the teams.
4 guaranteed matches.
Olympic opening ceremony.